Aug 3, 2018
Anthology Marketing Group took home an even dozen awards at the 35th annual PRSA Hawaii Koa Anvil Awards, held July 20 at the Prince Waikiki hotel.
Anthology’s awards included four top-honor Koa Anvil awards, which recognize outstanding achievements in conceptualizing and conducting full public relations programs for clients. Anthology also received three Koa Anvil Awards of Excellence.
The Anthology team also exited Prince Waikiki with two Koa Hammer awards – which recognize outstanding public relations tactics that are a part of communications campaigns – and three Koa Hammer Awards of Excellence.
In addition (and a big addition, at that), our very own Nathan Kam, Anthology partner and president of the firm’s Public Relations Group, was named 2018 recipient of PRSA Hawaii’s Gregg W. Perry Public Relations Professional of the Year for exemplary work accomplished in his more than two-decade career. The Perry award honors Hawai‘i public relations professionals who have made major contributions to their profession and applied public relations techniques professionally to achieve impactful objectives. Nathan is a past PRSA Hawaii Chapter President (2010) and, in his commitment to public service, serves on the boards of Junior Achievement of Hawaii, Honolulu Festival Foundation, JTB Goodwill Foundation, and the PRSA Travel and Tourism Section. He is also chair of the Pacific Club’s NextGen Committee and a mentor in the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii’s Young Professional Program. Congratulations, Nathan!
Anthology’s 12 awards in 2018 PRSA Hawaii Koa Anvil Awards competition were:
- Community Relations: Government - “HART Airport Guideway and Stations Year One”
- Marketing Consumer Services: Travel and Tourism/Hospitality - “Showcasing Kaua‘i: A Rejuvenating Destination for Travelers”
- Internal Communications: Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations - “Joining Forces: Hawai‘i Tourism United States (HTUSA), Simpleview and the Hot 100 List”
- Integrated Communications: Consumer Products - “ Introduction of Texaco to Hawa‘ii”
Koa Anvil Awards of Excellence
- Marketing Consumer Services: Travel and Tourism/Hospitality - “Promoting Hawai‘i as a Culinary Destination”
- Integrated Communications: Consumer Services - “HMSA’s ‘Live Your Best Life, Featuring a Conversation with Oprah Winfrey’ and Sharecare”
- Integrated Communications: Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations - “Aloha, New York!”
- Media Relations (Travel and Tourism/Hospitality) - “Taste of Aloha Press Trip”
- Annual Reports: Nonprofit Organizations - “Hawai‘i Tourism Authority (HTA) 2017 Annual Report to the Hawai‘i State Legislature”
Koa Hammer Awards of Excellence
- Multimedia Communications: Newsletters - “Message from Maui Nui E-Newsletter”
- Social Media: Photo-Based Marketing Program - “Na Hoku Social Media Creative”
- Research/Evaluation - “HTUSA Media Survey”
More than 70 awards in Koa Anvil and Koa Hammer categories were handed out at this year’s awards ceremonies.
Congratulations to our Anthology team on all of its award-winning work!
Established in 1983, PRSA Hawaii’s Koa Anvil Awards completion recognizes and encourages outstanding work among public relations practitioners in Hawai‘i. For more information on the PRSA Hawaii Koa Anvil Awards, visit www.prsahawaii.org.