Director of Market Research
The Director of Research Services leads the development and execution of qualitative and quantitative research programs to uncover strategic business insights for clients in a wide variety of industries. The ideal candidate brings demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately discern client needs, develop relevant research programs and guide a diverse team of specialists to successful project completion. The Director of Research services will work in a demanding and fast paced environment that requires flexibility, quick thinking, and entrepreneurial drive.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all phases of qualitative and quantitative market research projects (from writing RFP to final presentation) to ensure that the projects accomplish research objectives within the appropriate timeline/budget.
- Serves as the primary research services contact to a determined set of current and prospective clients.
- Connects research to other parts of the company through strong cross-functional collaboration, allowing research to be seen as a thought partner across all functions.
- Oversees planning and execution of focus groups, including serving as one of the agency’s trained moderators.
- Reviews the quality of all projects.
- Recommends additional projects based on client needs and goals.
- Provides support and input into proposed research design.
- Presents research findings to client upon request.
- Prepares and reviews client invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance with terms of contract or proposal.
- Hire, manage, train, and lead direct reports, in addition to collaborating with other internal and external team members.
- Develops and strengthens existing client partnerships, and continually explores new partnerships and methods to stay current.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of Hawaii’s culture and its impact on business.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of communication in marketing and public relations.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Possess solutions-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to balance the needs of clients, end users, and the business.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manager multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with demanding quality requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Behavioral Sciences, Marketing, or related field.
- Five (5) year’s experience with consumer research and writing proposals.
- Three (3) years’ experience in an executive leadership role, with people management responsibilities.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in market research agency that serves multiple clients in different industries.
- Eight (8) year’s experience with consumer research or specific industry-related experience.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Hawaii business community, thought leaders and prospective purchasers of market research and polling services.