Assistant Account Executive
The Assistant Account Executive (AAE) will work closely with the account team in coordinating, planning, and evaluating assigned projects. The AAE will be a team player with a “nothing is impossible” approach who will strive to bring new ideas and efficiency to each project and task.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively coordinates day-to-day tasks of advertising and marketing projects within predetermined time frame. Keeps VP apprised of any changes and updates.
- Meets with internal teams to communicate clients’ project objectives. Works with teams to proactively develop alternative solutions for problems/ delays that may arise.
- Attends status, project, strategy and planning meetings with internal staff. Prepares and distributes conference/ status reports of the proceedings as applicable.
- Ensures work is accurate and meets agency standards before being reviewed by client and vendors.
- Coordinates activities as applicable with VP according to client objectives and budget.
- Maintains organization of client and agency material in both hard and soft copy form. Supports the VP in developing and maintaining internal and client reports.
- Responds to client emails as needed/requested, files all client-related and media-related materials.
- Learns the Client’s business.
- Exhibit resourcefulness in collecting relevant data on client and in marketplace.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of digital and traditional marketing techniques
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Ability to learn additional computer software as needed.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness,
- Ability to keep supervisor properly informed and escalate up as needed.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Business.
- Two years relevant work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of integrated communications.
- Knowledge of Media planning and trafficking.
- Previous experience in advertising and/or event management and public relations.