Technical Project Manager
Reporting to the Vice President-Director of Project Management
- Ensures process of gathering project requirements is done as a necessary part of the lifecycle.
- Creates and maintains accurate project plans, budget tracking and reporting.
- Tracks and reports budget throughout the lifecycle of each project, ensuring work is conducted in a timely fashion, within approved scope and budget.
- Collaborates with directors of each division to accurately scope and estimate projects.
- Communicates clearly and maintains project timeliness, including milestones, deadlines and deliverables to all assigned team members and clients as projects evolve.
- Identifies projects’ critical paths, managing project dependencies and mitigating risks.
- Institutes the practice of risk management for projects.
- Ensures project change management is done if necessary
- Sets and continually managers project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Defines project success criteria and disseminates criteria to involved team members throughout project lifecycle.
- Conducts project post mortems and creates a recommendation report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends to relate these to the digital projects and to our clients.
- Possess team leadership and development skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess interpersonal skills to manage and obtain cooperation with varying personalities.
- Ability to coach internal team members to improve performance to better meet internal and external needs.
- Ability to develop budgets and other financial reports.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to receive and process constructive criticism
- Ability to instill trust and develop confidences.
- Ability to analyze resource allocation and work with directors to establish contingency plans.
- Ability to set up contingency plans, dependencies and critical paths.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Two (2) years of software development experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Previous experience in digital project management, preferably in an agency environment.