Technical Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager will manage projects through the digital project life cycle and keep projects within scope and budget. The job will include scoping solutions and budgets with the development team, identifying and managing risk, creating and managing delivery schedules and helping the management team with employee resourcing.
Reporting to the Vice President-Director of Project Management
- Ensures process of gathering project requirements is done as a necessary part of the lifecycle.
- Creates and maintains accurate project plans, budget tracking and reporting.
- Tracks and reports budget throughout the lifecycle of each project, ensuring work is conducted in a timely fashion, within approved scope and budget.
- Collaborates with directors of each division to accurately scope and estimate projects.
- Communicates clearly and maintains project timeliness, including milestones, deadlines and deliverables to all assigned team members and clients as projects evolve.
- Identifies projects’ critical paths, managing project dependencies and mitigating risks.
- Institutes the practice of risk management for projects.
- Ensures project change management is done if necessary
- Sets and continually managers project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Defines project success criteria and disseminates criteria to involved team members throughout project lifecycle.
- Conducts project post mortems and creates a recommendation report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends to relate these to the digital projects and to our clients.
- Possess team leadership and development skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess interpersonal skills to manage and obtain cooperation with varying personalities.
- Ability to coach internal team members to improve performance to better meet internal and external needs.
- Ability to develop budgets and other financial reports.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to receive and process constructive criticism
- Ability to instill trust and develop confidences.
- Ability to analyze resource allocation and work with directors to establish contingency plans.
- Ability to set up contingency plans, dependencies and critical paths.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Two (2) years of software development experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Previous experience in digital project management, preferably in an agency environment.