Senior Account Executive
Public Relations Senior Account Executive serves as a primary client contact and ensures a high-level of strategic thinking, productivity and efficiency is maintained on all assigned accounts. Performs all public relations functions including writing, media interaction, client liaison and day-to-day administrative activities. Responsible for becoming familiar with client products, markets and media to effectively support clients’ PR needs and long range planning. The SAE also has more involvement in agency related matters, including administration, professional development, community service student internship program, and other activities.
This full time regular position, reporting to an Account Supervisor or Vice President
- Oversees staff and maintains a high level of productivity and account service satisfaction in the public relations group.
- Maintains and develops of agency’s corporate culture, including operational efficiencies/best practices, professional development, student internship program, community service efforts, and other activities.
- Develops and writes public relations plans and strategies and makes proactive recommendations to clients.
- Prepares communication materials involved in the implementation of public relations programs for clients. Writes press releases, copy for newsletter articles, opinion editorials, and other media-related materials.
- Assists team in crisis communications situations, as directed.
- Participates in new business programs and maintains new business presentation for current use.
- Maintains relationships with industry and editorial contacts to assure appropriate opportunities are realized for clients.
- Manages and/or prepares content and layouts for publications, such as brochures, newsletters, and magazines as assigned.
- Handles special projects, new business assignments, and social/ community involvement activities as assigned.
- Stays abreast of client’s industry and marketplace.
- Communicates regularly with clients on status, work in progress reports and conference call reports.
- Works with team to ensure daily print, television and online media coverage reports are produced. Clips or copies all client referenced and competitor and related industry news stories. Ensure reports are generated and sent immediately to client.
- Provides direction and/or organizes photo and/or video shoots for publications, social media channels, presentations and other communications initiatives.
- Prepares reports for clients including activity and clipping reports, as assigned.
- Manages media and client contact database, including the updating of contacts, and preparing and maintaining distribution lists.
- Manages online pressrooms, including uploading news releases and updating client information as directed.
- Reviews daily media opportunities and alerts team to pertinent issues/opportunities.
- Responds to client, vendor, and media requests.
- Ensures conference rooms are prepared for meetings.
- Performs general administrative duties, including monitoring account productivity/profitability and receivables.
We are seeking a candidate that has the
- Knowledge and experience in strategic planning, including the writing of public relations plans and strategies.
- Knowledge and strong understanding of budgets and accounting functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of communication in marketing and public relations.
- Knowledge of Hawaii’s history, culture, and lifestyle.
- Strong project management skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Ability to inspire and encourage team members to do their best work.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment under supervision and on own.
- Ability to keep supervisor properly informed.
The candidate must have a
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism or Communications.
- Four years experience in public relations, marketing or communications in an agency setting.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Prezi.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in the public relations/marketing/communications field.
- Possess quality business and media contacts locally and nationally.
- Five (5) years experience in public relations, marketing or communications in an agency setting or managing a team.
- Understanding of general business practices and procedures.
- Experience leading a team.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience in crisis management.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Ability to motivate a team to do their best work.
- Well-networked in the local community (and across the mainland depending on client needs).
- Active in the community, either through volunteering or as a member of a professional organization.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please note that we do not offer any relocation assistance for this position.