The Media Supervisor is responsible for managing all development, strategy, deliverables, and execution of media plans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Confers with clients to establish specific media objectives and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Creates and presents strategic media recommendations.
- Identifies the best mix of media channels to deliver an advertising message to a clients’ target audience.
- Determines optimum use of budgeted funds to achieve marketing objectives.
- Negotiates rates to optimize clients’ media budgets.
- Obtains lowest advertising rates to reach highest targeted audience.
- Monitors and optimizes effectiveness of campaigns.
- Updates clients on effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Manages and tracks schedule adjustments due to pre-emptions and make-goods.
- Conducts day-to-day coordination/execution of media plans.
- Researches various media outlets.
- Keeps updated on marketplace conditions and changes in viewing patterns.
- Contacts outside media vendors and negotiates with representatives on clients’ behalf.
- Builds and maintains rapport with media vendors.
- Supervises and provides daily guidance to media assistants in the functional areas of media.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of national travel consumer and trade media
- Diagnostic skills for analyzing media research
- Possess excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a team projecting an upbeat, positive approach.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years media experience.
- One (1) year supervisory experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Hawaii media.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business or Communications.
- Knowledge of agency software, including Strata and View.
- Knowledge of digital media buying/planning.