The Experience Designer is responsible for contributing to experience design (XD) efforts on projects (both integrated and digital-specific) and mentoring junior designers. The Experience Designer will be a strong visual designer with enterprise/corporate communication experience, as well as digital advertising.
- Leads and directs other XD team members on projects, with supervision from the XD Director and/or other senior team members.
- Assists with the creation of estimates by contributing to the creation of the design strategy and defining requirements, specifications and assumptions.
- Takes appropriate meeting notes and prepares associated documentation related to the successful design, development and implementation of projects.
- Consults with clients and provides client recommendations in a professional manner.
- Collaborates with team members and vendors to fulfill project goals on time, on budget and on strategy.
- Develops content and information architecture strategies.
- Creates original, usable and sustainable design and interaction concepts, user interfaces, and visual designs.
- Implements and maintains designs using appropriate front-end development techniques.
- Demonstrates thought leadership on relevant issues and trends by written and/or oral presentations.
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship skills.
- Participates in the training, development and peer reviews of other team members as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and familiarity with responsive web design and progressive enhancement techniques.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of various technical platform and programming languages.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess excellent presentation skills.
- Possess solutions-oriented problem solving skills.
- Possess good typing and organization skills.
- Ability to appropriately balance the needs of clients, end users, and the business.
- Ability to give, actively listen to and act on constructive criticism.
- Ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to keep supervisor properly informed.
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple tasks, and show initiative with limited need for supervision.
- High school diploma.
- Two (2) or more year’s hands-on experience in one or more areas of digital design and development, specifically in the following areas: user experience design, user interface design, visual design, interaction design, front-end development.
- Project experience with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Solid understanding of digital design best practices (and knowing when it is appropriate to break the rules), marketing strategies and branding.
- Strong visual design skills as demonstrated via a portfolio of work.
- Proficient with applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Axure or similar software.
- Strong HTML/CSS proficiency and cross-browser, cross-platform testing skills.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Content strategy and/or information architecture experience.
- Passionate observer, consumer and practitioner of all facets of the digital industry.