Associate Vice President, Research Services
The Associate Vice President of Market Research Services helps drive agency and client strategy, team leadership and mentorship, and growth in our Marketing Research team. The ideal candidate brings demonstrated ability to provide excellent strategic thinking, writing and editing skills, inspirational team management and leadership, and client relations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day counsel and leadership to junior staff.
- Manages all phases of qualitative and quantitative market research projects (from writing RFP to final presentation) to ensure that the projects accomplish research objectives within the appropriate timeline/budget.
- Serves as the primary research services contact to a determined set of current and prospective clients.
- Connects research to other parts of the company through strong cross-functional collaboration, allowing research to be seen as a thought partner across all functions. Oversees planning and execution of focus groups, including serving as one of the agency’s trained moderators.
- Reviews the quality of all projects.
- Recommends additional projects based on client needs and goals.
- Provides support and input into proposed research design.
- Presents research findings to client upon request.
- Prepares and reviews client invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance with terms of contract or proposal.
- Hires, manages, trains, and leads direct reports, in addition to collaborating with other internal and external team members.
- Develops and strengthens existing client partnerships, and continually explores new partnerships and methods to stay current.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Behavioral Sciences, Marketing, or related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in market research, marketing or related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a leadership role, with people management and program budget responsibilities.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.