The Receptionist works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and has the important responsibility of answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff, U.S. postal service mail distribution, ensuring timely flow of correspondence to company leadership and staff, as well as additional clerical duties including managing the reception area. This person serves in a key role as the initial point person for all guests visiting the company and ensuring they are properly greeted with Aloha upon arrival and departure.
Status: Part-time regular, exempt.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate staff. Will transfer a caller to voice mailbox when the staff is unavailable.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Distributes and records parking validations, as required.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various staff.
- Provides callers with information such as address, direction to company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related company information.
- Receives, sorts and forwarding incoming mail. Routes publications.
- Coordinates the pickup and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc).
- Ensures coffee is prepared in the morning.
- Ensures refrigerator is properly stocked with appropriate items.
- Maintains petty cash for purchases of refrigerated drinks.
- Ensures back kitchen area is clean and properly stocked.
- Assists with other related clerical duties, such as light data entry.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge with an aptitude to learn company software.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess professional skills with a positive outlook.
General office environment. Work is generally conducted at a desk with a personalized computer provided by the company. The working environment is pleasant, with adequate lighting and temperature, and no hazardous or uncomfortable conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to greet and assist guests in person and on the phone in a professional friendly manner.
- One (1) year experience in an administrative role.