The Media Coordinator is responsible for supporting the internal media staff in their efforts to service clients in a responsive, efficient, effective and accurate manner. The coordinator will provide administrative duties within the Media Department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists planners and buyers by gathering requested information, compiling competitive spending reports, completing broadcast buy summaries, following up on billing discrepancies, updating vendor and publication information and checking insertion orders and broadcast contracts for accuracy.
- Contacts vendor representatives to confirm orders and verify rates and contract levels.
- Distributes orders and traffic instructions externally to vendors.
- Works with sales representatives on behalf of our clients.
- Gathers advertising material deadlines and submission instructions for internal account service teams and production.
- Organizes and maintains media department resources to include: insertion orders, broadcast buys, and traffic; media kits/files; client files and media library.
- Responds to requests from various departments within the agency in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a team projecting an upbeat, positive approach.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business or Communications.
- Experience in media or agency environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Knowledge of agency software, including Strata, Advantage, or Google DoubleClick for Advertisers.