Assistant Account Executive
The Assistant Account Executive (AAE) provides key support to assigned client service teams to ensure a high-level of productivity and efficiency is maintained. This professional is responsible for managing functions within client projects/initiatives, including assisting the team with strategic planning, collaborating with industry partners, negotiating with suppliers, coordinating budgets and schedules, and planning and implementing special events.
Status: Full-time regular, non-exempt
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares communication materials involved in the implementation of public relations programs for clients including, but not limited to, drafting, proofreading and dissemination of correspondence, conference reports, press releases, press kits, media advisories, and media pitches.
- Manages design projects and/or prepares content and layouts for publications, such as brochures, newsletters, and magazines.
- Plans and executes special projects and events.
- Assists in new business assignments and social/community involvement activities as assigned.
- Assists team in crisis communications situations, as directed.
- Reviews print, television and online media daily as directed. Clips or copies all client referenced and competitor and related industry news stories. Generates reports and sends immediately to client.
- Coordinates photo and/or video shoots for publications, social media channels, presentations and other communications initiatives.
- Prepares reports for clients including activity and clipping reports, as assigned.
- Manages media and client contact database, including updating contacts, and preparing and maintaining distribution lists.
- Manages and maintains online pressrooms, including uploading news releases and updating client information as directed.
- Reviews daily media opportunities and alerts team to pertinent issues/opportunities.
- Responds to client, vendor, and media requests.
- Prepares conference rooms for meetings.
- Performs general administrative duties to support the account team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of communication in marketing and public relations.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment under supervision and independently.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Ability to travel off-island.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
- High School diploma and three years’ experience in a marketing environment may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- One (1) year experience in marketing, public relations, media or related field.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in the public relations/marketing/communications field.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Experience working with Office 365 and related applications.
- Understanding of Hawaii’s history, culture, and lifestyle.
- Previous experience in advertising and/or event management and public relations.
- Experience managing projects and working in a team