Assistant Account Executive
The Assistant Account Executive (AAE) will work closely with assigned Account Executive and/or Account Supervisor in directing, coordinating, planning, analyzing and evaluating assigned projects. The AAE will be a team player with a “nothing is impossible” approach who will strive to bring new ideas to each project and task. The AAE will forge positive relationships with clients through diligent client service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Guides the day-to-day development of advertising and marketing projects within predetermined time frame. Keeps Supervisor apprised of changes.
- Meets regularly with creative, media and production to communicate clients’ objectives and strategy. Develops alternative solutions for problems/ delays that may arise.
- Attends status, project, strategy and planning meetings with internal staff and clients. Prepares and distributes conference/ status reports of the proceedings.
- Responsible for proofreading copy, artwork and other media. Ensures that work is accurate and meets agency standards before being reviewed by client and supplier.
- Responsible for business writing assignments and deployment to various media outlets.
- Coordinates activities and recommendations for marketing strategies with Account Executive and/ or Account Supervisor according to client objectives and budget.
- Maintains files of previous client campaigns, past work and work in progress.
- Acts as the point of contact for client in absence of Account Executive. Responds to client phone calls, files all client-related and media-related materials.
- Assists with client billing as directed by Account Executive and/or Account Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Ability to learn additional computer software as needed.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to keep supervisor properly informed.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Business.
- One year agency experience or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Possess high degree of professionalism
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of integrated communications.
- Previous experience in advertising and/or event management and public relations.