Position Summary: The Account Supervisor manages processes, projects and a team to ensure high levels of strategic thinking, execution, productivity and efficiency are maintained on all assigned accounts. The ideal candidate will excel in interpersonal communications, strategic direction, problem-solving recommendations and client consultation. The position directs the activities of other team members, while also implementing public relations, advertising, digital and social media functions including writing, media relations, creative review, review of strategy effectiveness, client liaison and day-to-day administrative activities. The position is expected to be immersed in client brands, products, markets and annual plans. Management skills required include planning, budgeting, scheduling, organizing and providing leadership for teams. The person in this position is also involved with company leadership in the maintenance and development of the agency’s corporate initiatives, including administration, professional development, internal communications and other activities.
Reports to: Vice President, Senior Vice President and/or President
Status: Full-time regular, exempt.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and writes marketing plans and strategies including advertising, social media, digital media and public relations recommendations as appropriate
- Works proactively and presents recommendations to clients.
- Supervises a team and oversees assigned clients and respective projects to ensure all account service functions are operating at a high level of productivity that is satisfying clients.
- Ensures team is following through on all client projects/tasks as scheduled and deadlines are being met consistently.
- Plans, organizes and reviews budgets.
- Identifies and resolves any areas of concern for internal and external teams.
- Analyzes client situations and develop plans of action to help reach client goals.
- Assists in identifying and responding to new business leads, including the review of and responses to Request for Proposals and Request for Qualifications. Participates in new business programs and creating presentations.
- Leads team in crisis communications situations.
- Leads meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Maintains relationships with industry contacts to assure appropriate opportunities are realized for clients.
- Proactively keeps staff abreast of client’s industry and marketplace trends.
- Regularly communicates with clients on the status of projects and the overall client relationship.
- Ensures client and staff retention.
- Develops initiatives related to agency’s corporate culture, including operational efficiencies/best practices, professional development and other activities.
- Works closely with company leadership to identify opportunities to increase profitability for the agency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in strategic planning, including the writing of public relations and advertising and digital plans and strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of budgets and accounting functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of advertising (digital and traditional), social media, research and communication in marketing.
- Knowledge of Hawaii’s history, culture and lifestyle.
- Experience in problem solving and project management with a focus on details, ability to prioritize and to multi-task.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead meetings.
- Ability to respond well under pressure and to be on call for crisis situations.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment under supervision and independently
- Ability to teach and inspire team members to do their best work.
- Ability to “sell” programs, both inside the group and in other areas of the company.
- Ability to travel off-island.
General office environment. Work is generally conducted at a desk with a personalized computer provided by the company in an office, but will also require moving about the office or going to meetings outside the office. The working environment is pleasant, with adequate lighting and temperature, and no hazardous or uncomfortable conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Ability to work evenings and/or weekends if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism or Communications. High School diploma and three years-experience in a marketing environment may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven record of successfully managing a team and motivating team members.
- Proven record of excellent client service.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in the marketing field.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Willing to be on-call during crisis situations.
- Five years of experience in public relations, marketing or communications in an agency setting or managing a team.
- Understanding of general business practices and procedures.
- Experience leading a team.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience in crisis management.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Well-networked in the local community (and across the mainland depending on client needs)
- Active in the community, either through volunteering or as a member of a professional organization.