The Account Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day representation of the company to assigned clients and maintains highly responsive service orientation. The Account Supervisor will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic marketing goals and assuring that the right solutions are provided to clients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains day-to-day senior-level client contact.
- Develops working relationships with all levels within the client organization.
- Acts as a facilitator between the client and Anthology to translate marketing concepts and plans into effective communication materials, no matter the medium. .
- Prepares and actively participates in formal and informal client presentations and new business presentations.
- Analyzes industry background, research and field feedback to produce comprehensive marketing plan and strategy.
- Keeps appraised of all relevant client and market developments and anticipates the need for strategic changes, if necessary.
- Consults with the various disciplines within Anthology to help determine client’s strategic, media, communication and creative needs.
- Supervises to the team assigned to ensure client needs are met
- Reviews staffing requirements and participates in the hiring process.
- Supervises Account Executives and Account Coordinators to ensure staff provides proper agency client services.
- Supervises the development of communication and marketing plans in accordance with client objectives and budget limitations.
- Provides clients with budget updates as required.
- Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of marketing, including advertising, digital marketing, web development and media strategies.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking skills. Decision making skills.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to keep supervisor properly informed.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Business.
- Five (5) years’ direct agency account management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Previous experience in marketing, media and production.